Praise Through Reading the Word:
5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.Philippians 2:5-11
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.Colossians 1:15-20
Praise Through Song:
Meditation & Prayer:
- What are some of Jesus’ aspects that these passages magnify?
- These passages were sung as hymns in the early Church. What are some songs that we sing that magnify Jesus similarly?
- We often talk about peace at Christmas. How is the way that Colossians 1:20 talks about peace different from the peace that people usually talk about?
- Ask God to set your mind to be more like Jesus’.
- Look back at today’s Scripture passages and specifically praise Jesus for who He is.
- Thank God for reconciling us to Him and giving us His Life.
- Pray specifically for someone who needs to receive Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Ask God for opportunity to share Him with them today.
- Pray specifically for families who are struggling during this Christmas season:
- some who are separated because of sickness
- some who have lost loved ones
- some who have situations only known by God