Often I find myself sitting at this computer, praying and searching for the best words to prepare our hearts for worshiping our King on Sunday. Today, I am sure that I have the best words – perfect words.
I did a Bible search for verses referencing praising the name of the Lord. Here is a small sampling that show us the scope and depth that our worship should contain for the One with a name above every other:
Praise the LORD! Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD!Psalm 113:1
Let them praise the name of the LORD! For He commanded and they were created.Psalm 148:5
Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; His majesty is above the earth and heaven.Psalm 148:13
Let them praise His name with dancing, making melody to Him with tambourine and lyre!Psalm 149:3
Let not the downtrodden turn back in shame; let the poor and needy praise your name.Psalm 74:21
And now we thank you, Our God, and praise your glorious name.1 Chronicles 29:13
I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify Him with thanksgiving.Psalm 69:30
You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, who has dealt wondrously with you. And my people shall never again be put to shame.Joel 2:26
Bring me out of prison, that I may give thanks to your name! The righteous will surround me, for you will deal bountifully with me.Psalm 142:7
I will give to the LORD the thanks due to His righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, the Most High.Psalm 7:17
And it is in the name and to the “glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13) that we will praise and have hope as we sing tomorrow!
These passages were on my heart as the worship set came together this week:
Here are our songs:
- Blessed Be Your Name —
- Scripture References / Inspiration for the Song: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Psalm 72:18-19, Psalm 36:8, James 1:17, Romans 5:3-5, Psalm 107:8-9, Psalm 23:4-6, Job 1:21-22, Daniel 2:19-20, John 10:10, Hebrews 3:7-10, James 1:2-4, 1 Peter 4:12-19
- Praise Your Name —
- Scripture References / Inspiration for the Song: John 1:4-5, Psalm 34:4-5, Luke 1:79, Isaiah 9:2, John 8:12, Psalm 43, Psalm 23:4, Matthew 17:20, John 8:32, Psalm 119:50, Psalm 42:4-5, 1 John 1:5-10, Job 1:21-22, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, John 14:1-6, Psalm 42:11, Luke 3:21-24, Matthew 28:18, Psalm 110:1, 1 Corinthians 15:26-27, Hebrews 2:6-8, Psalm 119:37
- Your Great Name —
- Scripture References / Inspiration for the Song: Acts 4:12, Luke 19:10, Psalm 106:8, John 3:17, Romans 8:1, 1 John 4:18, James 4:7-8, Revelation 5:9-10, Philippians 2:9-11, 2 Corinthians 12:9-11, Psalm 107:9, Psalm 68:5, Matthew 4:24, John 11:1-44, Job 19:25, Psalm 103:3, Revelation 11:17, Proverbs 23:11, Revelation 17:14
- All My Hope —
- Scripture References / Inspiration for the Song: Matthew 11:28-30, Romans 5:1-8, Romans 8:24-39, 1 Peter 1:3-6, Acts 2:38, Romans 4:7, 1 John 2:1-2, Ephesians 1:7, Romans 6:6
- (invitation) It is Well —
- Scripture References / Inspiration for the Song: Joel 3:16, Luke 8:22-25, Hebrews 12:2, 3 John 2, John 20:29, James 1:12, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 11:28-30, 1 Peter 5:7
I hope to see you with us, whether you gather in person, in the parking lot via speaker, or on Facebook or YouTube live!
If gathering in person, please remember that masks are recommended and that we need to remain vigilant in our social distancing measures. Continue to pray for those who are sick – not just our members but all those around the world.